Wipe the Dust Off and Get Cash
This time of year we all could use a little extra cash for the holidays. How about diving into the corners of your own home for treasures that you can get instant cash for! Here are some of the things you may have laying around
- The Garage or basement workshop: Most homeowners have tools they bought to get a project done that are now just sitting in a box on the shelf. Power tools like drills, circular saws and compressors are just a few of the power tools that may be taking up space that you can bring to a pawn shop to get cash. High end sets of wrenches from manufacturers like Snap On have solid resale values and can be used as collateral for a loan at a pawn shop. Look around and see what you can find!
- Electronics: Pretty soon you’re going to be getting a new TV, digital camera, laptop or game system as a gift so why not trade in your old one for some cash? Electronics don’t necessarily hold value the way other items do but you may be able to get something for it instead of just dumping it in the trash! If you call a pawn shop like Empire Loan with the brand and model number of what you have, they may be able to make you an offer right over the phone! What do you have to lose?
- Musical Instruments: Remember when you were going to learn to play the saxophone so you rushed out and bought one? How’d that work out for you? You used it once or twice and now you can use it one more time. This time to get cash! Guitars, trumpets, drums, keyboards, just about any kind of well made, well maintained instrument could make you some cash. How does that sound!
- Collectables: The market for collectable figurines, crystal and other items has been in decline for quite some time. Items from companies like Lladro, Hummel and Waterford still sell for big bucks at retail but the price to collectors has been going down. If you’re tired of dusting these pieces each week and want to turn them into quick cash, a pawn shop may be just the place to take it. Better to get something for it than waiting around for the market to crash or worse yet, for your statuette to come crashing down from the shelf.
- Gold and Diamond jewelry: What’s at the bottom of your jewelry box? What lone, loose earring, bent ring or bad boyfriend memories do you have laying around that could get you some cash. Whether it is an ugly pair of earrings from your well meaning aunt or the promise ring from the old boyfriend who broke his promise, these are the gifts that can just keep on giving. Gather it up and bring it into a pawn shop and get the cash you need right now.
Need cash for the holidays? Take a look around and get into your friendly neighborhood Empire Loan pawn shop!